1. Privacy Statement
2. General Policy
EnhanceTV Pty Ltd (ABN: 72 119 702 251) (EnhanceTV, we us, our), whose registered office is Level 1, 140 Myrtle Street, Chippendale NSW 2008 Australia, is committed to protecting your privacy.
EnhanceTV owns and operates the EnhanceTV web-based streaming application for our holding company, Audio-Visual Copyright Society Limited trading as Screenrights (ABN: 76 003 912 310 and provides services (Services), through the website at www.enhancetv.com.au and any other website that Enhance TV operates (Websites).
3. Collection of your Personal Information
Personal information is any information about you, from which you can be identified. Personal information we collect about you might include (but is not limited to) your name, contact details (email address, postal address, and telephone number), professional memberships, associations and licensing details, employer or relevant educational institutional information, and payment and order processing information. We may collect additional personal information from you from time to time.
Where we can, we will collect this information directly from you. For example, when you contact us to make an enquiry, register for our Services, use our Services, provide us content, sign up for email newsletters, provide us with your details over the phone or otherwise engage or interact with us. We may also collect personal information about you through telephone and face-to-face meetings and surveys undertaken by us or a third party on our behalf.
Sometimes we receive your personal information from the educational institution that has authorised you to access and use our Services. Where this is the case, and if we receive personal information about you indirectly from other third parties, we will take steps to make sure it is clear that you have consented to us receiving your information in that way or that you would reasonably expect us to receive your information in that way.
If you are under 18 years of age, you must ask your parent or legal guardian to consent to your provision of personal information before you provide your personal information to us. We also ask the educational institution that authorises you to access and use our Services to obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ consent before providing your personal information to us.
To better understand your use of our Services and meet your needs, we collect general information about you when you use our Services. This might include your IP address, the browser and operating system you are using, the date and time of your visit, the pages and content you accessed or downloaded, information about any searches you performed on our Websites, and related information. The educational institution that has authorised you to access and use our Services will also have access to this information.
4. Use and Disclosure
EnhanceTV may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Delivering and administering the Services, including verifying your identity, processing payments and investigating and responding to enquiries, feedback and complaints;
- Providing access to and use of the Services, including curating, providing information, and making content available for use in education;
- Sending you notifications with information regarding your use of the Services;
- Providing marketing services to you, including running competitions, promotions, events, programs and other content, and other information about EnhanceTV and our related products and services that might be of interest or value to you;
- Conducting general research about our Services and gathering and analysing user attributes, usage and behavioural information to evaluate and improve our Services, improve and personalise user offerings, provide you with relevant content, enhance user experience, and more broadly promote EnhanceTV Services;
- Complying with our reporting requirements to Screenrights (ABN: 76 003 912 310); and
- Maintaining our records and to comply with our legal obligations.
We use a range of third party service providers to help us deliver, administer and support our activities and functions, including user support, digital marketing and sales, marketing, competition, events and promotions, research and survey services, mailing, IT, web hosting, data processing, storage and back-up, payment processing, and data analytics services. Some of our third-party services providers and their servers may be located overseas in various countries (including USA, and Peru).
As part of our industry functions, we disclose aggregated information, anonymous information, feedback and data to audio-visual screen content suppliers to assist in carrying out research and analysis of user attributes, behaviours and preferences, in order to support the long-term creation of educationally relevant content.
We may be required by law to disclose certain information from time to time.
5. Storage and Security of your Personal Information
EnhanceTV holds your personal information both electronically, on our own servers and those of our service providers, and in hard copy at our secured offices. EnhanceTV takes the security of your personal information seriously and we implement a range of technical systems and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and misuse. This includes: using electronic and physical access restrictions to files containing personal information, and ensuring encryption of all personal information sent and received.
6. Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
You have a right to access the personal information that we hold about you.
It is important to us that the information we hold about you is up-to-date, accurate and complete, and we will try to confirm your details through our communications with you. If any of your details change, please notify us as soon as you can. If you believe we are holding information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can ask us to correct it, or delete it altogether.
If you would like to access your personal information, or request us to update, correct or delete it, you can do so by contacting us in writing and verifying your identity. We will do our best to respond to your request within 30 days.
We will only refuse access in exceptional circumstances, and if this is the case, we will advise you of our reasons for doing so.
If you require a hard copy of your personal information we may charge an administration fee.
7. Your Choices
You do not have to give us all of the information we ask you to provide. However, if you do not provide us with some or all of the personal information required, you may not be able to use our Services, and you may miss out on receiving valuable information about us and our Services. We will provide you with option to engage with us through using a pseudonym if it is feasible to do so.
EnhanceTV may, from time to time, send direct marketing communications to you about our activities, products and services and other material that we consider you would find useful. If you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications, you can always opt out. If you are receiving email communications from us, there will be a mechanism to opt out contained in each of those emails.To stop receiving other communications from us, you can contact us.
If you choose to opt out of all direct marketing communications, please note that EnhanceTV may still contact you for other reasonable purposes, including information that EnhanceTV is legally required to send and information regarding the use, rights, benefits or obligations of users of Services.
8. Contact Details
Postal Address: The Privacy Officer, EnhanceTV, PO Box 853, Broadway NSW 2007 Australia
9. Complaints Handling Procedure
Any complaint about handling of personal information will be dealt with in accordance with the following EnhanceTV Privacy Complaints Handling Procedure:
- If you think that an act or practice of EnhanceTV has interfered with your privacy in relation to personal information you may make a complaint to EnhanceTV.
- The complaint must identify you and be in written form and addressed to the EnhanceTV Privacy Officer.
- The EnhanceTV Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and will endeavour to provide a response setting out EnhanceTV’s decision in writing within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.
- If EnhanceTV is unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns you can contact theOffice of the Australian Information Commissioner.